sábado, 25 de agosto de 2012

The Eagle has landed...






"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine."


"Pilots take no special joy in walking. Pilots like flying."
 
 
 
"Well, I think we tried very hard not to be overconfident, because when you get overconfident, that's when something snaps up and bites you."



"This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."


 
"Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind."

 
"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."


"It's a brilliant surface in that sunlight. The horizon seems quite close to you because the curvature is so much more pronounced than here on earth. It's an interesting place to be. I recommend it. "


 
 
"The important achievement of Apollo was demonstrating that humanity is not forever chained to this planet and our visions go rather further than that and our opportunities are unlimited."
 
 
 
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Sem comentários: